Parenting is a challenging task under any circumstances.
When a child is born or diagnosed with special needs, parents or caregivers face even more challenges.
Vivian Goh, 39 years old with Spinal Muscular Atrophy and her mother, Madam Ivy Yong
Can you imagine the worries and struggles Madam Yong has to go through and overcome to raise Vivian, who has Spinal Muscular Atrophy?
To help Madam Yong and Vivian, SPD provided Vivian with an eye gaze system that allows her to control the computer using her eyes. With this system, Vivian is now able to do online learning and has even set up a simple online business. This has enhanced her quality of life, easing her mother’s worries. Our social worker regularly visits Madam Yong and Vivian to provide them much-needed support such as the installation of a ramp at their home, to help them overcome the challenges they face.
Read more about Vivian’s story from: https://www.spd.org.sg/greater-awareness-of-rare-conditions/.
Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.
– Robert Browning, poet
Make this Mother’s Day extra special.
Celebrate the occasion by pledging a donation in your mother’s name. Simply:
1. Click on the “Donate Now” button above to pledge a donation in your mother’s name.
2. Provide your mother’s details in the “Additional Remarks” field
- Contact number
- Mailing address
3. We will be sure to inform her of your thoughtfulness & send her a thank you card, handmade with love by our SPD clients.
4. You will also stand a chance to win $100 worth of dining vouchers at The Blue Ginger Restaurant (3 sets of vouchers to be won!)
5. We wish you a Happy Mother’s Day!
As there is a lucky draw component, donations through this campaign will not be eligible for tax deduction. This is in accordance to the guidelines provided by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is this campaign about?
SPD would like to encourage members of the public to celebrate this Mother’s Day by pledging a donation in their mother’s name.
2. Can I nominate someone else other than my mother?
Yes, you can nominate anyone.
3. Is the donation tax-deductible?
No, the donation received for this campaign is not tax-deductible.
4. How else can I help more people with disabilities?
There are many ways to help enable people with disabilities. Visit www.spd.org.sg/get-involved.
Terms and conditions for dining vouchers lucky draw
- The winners of the lucky draw will be selected at random either manually or electronically and SPD reserves the right at our sole and absolute discretion to conduct the lucky draw by any other mode as we may deem fit.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash or any other items or goods and services. Request for the exchange of prizes will not be entertained.
- The winners of the contest will be notified through the e-mail address provided by the winners by 31 May 2019.
- SPD has the sole discretion to exclude any person from participating in the Contest without prior notice or obligation to furnish reasons.
For more information, contact Calvin Lee at 6579 0780 or click to drop him an e-mail.