Through the Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Children (EIPIC), we aim to provide child and family-centric service to children with developmental needs aged six and below, as well as their families.
Through educational and therapy support, we work towards helping these children reach their fullest potential through facilitating development and improvement in five areas@
- Gross motor and fine motor skills
- Cognitive skills
- Speech, language and communication skills
- Social skills
- Self-help skills
EIPIC is offered at four SPD Building Bridges EIPIC Centres: SPD Ability Centre in Tiong Bahru, SPD@Jurong, SPD@Bedok and SPD@Tampines.
The early intervention approach
Our trans-disciplinary team consisting early interventionists, teachers, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists, speech & language therapists and social workers work closely with the children and their families to achieve the goal set for the children.
To help the children gain independence, we embed learning goals in their daily activities and natural environments. We also equip parents and caregivers with the knowledge and skills to carry out the intervention strategies with the children at home to enhance learning.
We believe that families play a critical role in the children’s development. Hence, we encourage parents to participate actively in the intervention process as well as activities that we conduct including caregivers training programmes, parent support groups and social recreational activities.
- Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents are to contact SG Enable for a referral.
- Applicants will undergo an initial screening before admittance to the programme.
- Both SG Enable and the child’s caregivers will receive an acknowledgement within two weeks of receipt of the referral.
- Applications should be submitted before the child reaches 5½ years old at the point of referral.
- As fees are determined by the Ministry of Social and Family Development’s Means Testing, caregivers are required to submit the following documents prior to admission:
- child’s birth certificate and identity card-sized photo
- NRIC and income statement/payslips of all members living in the same household
Please contact us here.