SPD offers training courses to people with disabilities to increase their employability and equip them with abilities necessary for the workplace. Applicants will undergo vocational training and employment planning assessments before being recommended suitable training courses.
Lessons are conducted in English from Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm.
Trainees who successfully complete the training programme will be awarded with a certificate of attendance from SPD. Trainees will continue to be helped by other team members in the Employment Support Programme (ESP) in seeking and securing employment.
Download the list of ESP training courses.
Entry Requirements and Application
All training courses are open to and course fees fully subsidised for all Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents who
- are 16 years of age or above,
- have a permanent disability (including physical, sensory or developmental disability),
- have basic literacy and numeracy skills,
- are able to travel independently,
- are independent in the activities of daily living.
Applicants to the training programmes are to prepare the following documents:
- Completed SPD Referral Form
- Scanned or photocopy of identity card
- Scanned or photocopy of medical diagnosis indicating nature of disability
Please e-mail the documents to us, or mail them to:
SPD Employment Support Programme
20 Lengkok Bahru
For enquiries and more information, please contact us here.