Date(s) - 26/06/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SPD Ability Centre
About this Course
Understand the learning and teaching frameworks that underpin Assistive Technology (AT) integration in the mainstream classroom. Familiarise yourself with a range of AT tools to help your struggling learner learn better, and the strategies to start implementing AT in your inclusive classroom. Develop a strong foundation and professional support system to see you through your journey towards inclusive education success!
- Teaching and Learning in Inclusive Environments
Learn how your worldview about disabilities and technology can influence AT outcomes in your classroom. Recognise the role of the educator in HAATing and SETTing for your student with special education needs (SEN).
- From Individual Struggle to Collective Success
Understand the role AT can play for learners with SEN. Get a glimpse into the workings of an AT-infused IEP team–from referral to role-release.
- Toys, Tools and Techniques
Familiarise yourself with the range of assistive technology devices, adaptations and accessibility options used in mainstream education.
- Scripts, Scribes and Strategies
Deconstruct sample AT-enabled lesson plans, then design your own lesson plan for your inclusive classroom/remediation session.
- Case studies
Gain insights from stories shared by clients and teachers alike. Brainstorm the challenges and the rewards when IEPs are integrated into classroom teaching and learning.
Ask your burning questions and craft forward plans to help your school realise your SEN students’ potentials.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the differences between ‘accommodations’ and ‘inclusion’, and describe the learning and pedagogical underpinnings for both
- Recognise key learning difficulties that result from—and that cut across—different disabilities
- Understand how existing assistive technologies, mainstream devices and AT strategies can help address and overcome those learning difficulties
- Begin planning for implementation of AT in one’s own institution
Who Should Attend
- Mainstream Teachers
- AEDs (LBS)
- Educational Psychologists
- EIPIC Teachers (in-service and teacher-trainees)
- Lecturers (IHLs)
- Allied Health Professionals
- School Administrators
- Anyone currently/potentially working alongside students with SEN
SG$535/- per pax
Please provide us with your registration details below. We will contact you shortly regarding the outcome of your registration and for payment.
You may contact us at email@example.com for further information.
Bookings are closed for this event.