Date(s) - 12/04/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
SPD Ability Centre
Be introduced to the world of Assistive Technology in this hands-on workshop.
S$535.00 per participant (including GST)
*S$374.50 (After 30% VCF subsidy for Singaporeans & PRs)
*S$481.50 (After 10% VCF subsidy for non-Singaporeans)
*VCF Subsidy only applicable for NCSS member VWOs
VCF Ref No. PAS00001544
Please RSVP for invoicing options.
Basic Model/Framework for AT Consideration
• Explore the SETT framework for AT consideration
• Apply this framework to case studies in small group discussions
Access and Low Tech/High Tech devices
• Develop an awareness of alternative access methods such as switch access and scanning
• Try out a range of low-tech to high tech devices being used in AT intervention to meet the needs of persons with disabilities
Specific Categories of Assistive Technology
• Computer Access Technologies
Explore various alternative keyboards, mouse and software that enable individuals to access the computer effectively—regardless of age and disability
• Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
–basic principles and terminology
Understand AAC as a category of AT for persons with complex communication needs (CCN)
• Powered Mobility Systems
Explore powered mobility options and the factors that influence AT prescription and recommendations.
• Environment Control Units (ECUs)
Find out more about environment control units (ECUs) and how it can be used in the home environment.
Take a quick look at mobile apps on iPhone/iPad/Android that can transform your mobile device into a universal ECU.
• Accessibility for Mainstream Devices
Explore accessibility features in mainstream devices and how they can be used to meet the Assistive Technology needs of various populations.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
participate in hands-on experiential learning time to explore the AT devices
exchange ideas on real-life case studies in small group discussions
engage in professional networking
Please email us at for invoicing options and to book your seat!