The Manager will chart, develop and review the services and operations of the training and employment services including off-site operations, as well as drive the training and employment continuum with the Assistant Director/Director, expanding it to meet emerging needs of the clients.
- Responsible to the Assistant Director and Director, Adult & Elderly Services in all matters pertaining to administration, operations and control of the programme.
- Recommend policies and practices for the efficient and effective operation and management of services under your purview and assist the Assistant Director/Director in implementing those policies and practices.
Employment support operations and outreach matters
- Supervise and drive a multi-disciplinary professional team, including job coaches, social workers, therapists, trainers and administrative staff, and work with various government as well as community-based organisations to offer services to adults and elderly with disabilities.
- Assist the Assistant Director/Director by leading the professional team in developing the service models, setting service guidelines/standards and monitoring service delivery of programmes.
- Responsible for achieving key performance indicators, providing progress reports and assisting in data analysis for planning and reporting purposes.
- Keep abreast of latest development in service delivery of related areas to ensure that service delivery for our clients are updated.
- Drive outreach activities to enrol persons with disabilities for the supported and open employment programmes.
- Solicit external corporations for training/work opportunities for the clients. Sustain and scale the programme so that more persons with disabilities can benefit from the programme.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operation matters are promptly attended to.
Service development and sustainability
- Drive, review and develop the training and employment services for overall financial sustainability. Where needed, look into fundraising needs and plugging programme deficits.
- Prepare the annual budget for the programme/centre.
- Account and submit Key Performance Indicators to funding agencies such as SG Enable.
- Lead team meetings to guide the team to achieve the prescribed social impact.
- Look into capacity and capability building of staff, as needed.
- Responsible for outreach to referral agencies, community organisations and employers.
- Participate in events organised or supported by SPD and assist the organisation in developing strong networks with other Social Service Agencies (SSA), community organisations, and funding bodies like MSF, NCSS, MOH, SG Enable.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the Assistant Director or Director.
- At least three years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Degree and above in any discipline, preferably business and management related.
- Good managerial and leadership skills with ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Business planning and marketing experience preferred.
- Communicative, persuasive and able to encourage and motivate a team.
- Ability to think out-of-the box and good enterprising spirit.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Good command of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Work experience in a SSA or exposure to the nature of the social service sector is an added advantage.