Provide social work intervention and project/event management to support the work in the Sheltered Workshop and Employment Support Programme for persons with disabilities.
– Administer financial assistance and/or seek deviation for clients to allow them to live independently and participate in the community and employment actively
– Conduct needs and intake assessment on severity, key risks and protective factors for intervention (if necessary, Home Visit); provide counselling services to help clients and caregivers to manage issues associated with their disabilities to prepare them for vocational pursuit and/or independent community living
– Conduct assessment of client / family and submit social report with action plans based on assessment of client and family
– Participate actively in case discussions and conferences internally within a multi-disciplinary context and externally
– Work with therapist, workshop supervisors and/or Employment Support staff in planning for client’s individualised care plan
– Network with other agencies to tap on community resources to provide intervention support to clients
– Prepare case history information, psychosocial assessment, social work treatment plans
– Document and maintain case files and prepare reports according to the required documentation standard
– Conduct closure of cases upon achieving sustainable service outcomes for clients’
– Identify the changing trends/needs of the employment landscape pertaining to the PWDs and coordinate community resources to enhance their employability
– Network with relevant referral agencies and stakeholders serving PWDs and be part of the outreach efforts
– Plan, develop and implement curriculum, psycho-educational training and group work for PWDs and/or their caregivers
– Evaluate effectiveness of the training or group work interventions
– Assist and/or plan events such as SPD open house or caregivers’ appreciation day or other projects as assigned
– Participate in developmental programs and supervision for personal and professional growth & development.
– Maintain minimum requirements for renewal of membership with professional association
– Other duties as required/assigned by the supervisor or Head of Division
JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENT
1. At least a Degree in Social Work from recognised institutions.
2. Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships.
3. Preferably have minimum 2 years’ experience in employment or disability work.