To provide social work support to the clients from Transition To Employment (TTE):
i) Casework Management
- Handle the initial I&R enquiries & preliminary assessment for TTE programme.
- Handle financial deviation cases; assist client to apply for financial assistance to allow them to live independently and participate in the community and employment actively.
- Conduct needs and intake assessment on severity, key risks and protective factors for intervention (if necessary, home visit); provide counselling services to help clients and caregivers to manage issues associated with their disabilities to prepare them for vocational pursuit and/or independent community living.
- Conduct proper assessment of client and submit social report with recommendations based on assessment of client and family.
- Network with other agencies to tap on community resources to provide intervention support to clients for the smooth transition of clients back to vocational pursuit.
- Participate and contribute professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Work with therapists and employment support specialists in planning for client’s individualised care plan.
- Work with various community organisations or resources within clients’ social system to enable them to live independently.
- Prepare case history information, psychosocial assessment, social work treatment plans.
- Document and maintain case files and prepare reports according to the required documentation standard.
- Conduct closure of cases upon achieving sustainable service outcomes for clients.
ii) Community Work
- Identify the changing trends/needs of the employment scene especially for persons with disabilities.
- Network with potential employers for better support of persons with disabilities in their vocational pursuits.
iii) Group Work
- Plan and implement psycho-educational training and support groups for people with physical disabilities and/or their caregivers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of group work interventions.
- Propose a new group work intervention curriculum.
iv) Project Management
- Assist and/or plan events such as caregiver’s appreciation day or other projects as assigned.
v) Professional Development
- Participate in developmental programmes and supervision for personal and professional growth and development.
- Maintain minimum requirements for renewal of membership with professional association.
vi) Admin Duties
- Other admin duties as required or assigned from time to time by TTE Programme Manager and CEO, SPD.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, those with experience are preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships.