Date(s) - 24/02/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this Course
Understand the learning and teaching frameworks that underpin an inclusive classroom. Familiarise yourself with a range of assistive technology (AT) tools, digital learning platforms and their accompanying accessibility features that can help your struggling learner learn better. Discover evidence-based strategies for AT integration that are fun for all your students while improving your teaching efficacy. Develop a strong foundation and professional support system to see you through your journey towards inclusive education success!
- Teaching and Learning in Inclusive Environments
Learn how your worldview about disabilities and technology can influence AT outcomes in your classroom. Recognise your role in SETTing the stage for learning success.
- From Individual Struggle to Collective Success
Learn about tried and tested techniques to co-op classmates in augmenting the learning experiences of your students with SEN.
- Toys, Tools and Techniques
Familiarise yourself with the range of assistive technology devices, adaptations and accessibility options used in mainstream education.
- Scripts, Scribes and Strategies
Discover how accessible, digital learning platforms help to ensure equitable learning experiences for ALL students.
- Case studies
Gain insights from stories shared by clients and teachers alike. Brainstorm the challenges and the rewards when IEPs are integrated into classroom teaching and learning.
Ask your burning questions and craft forward plans to help your school realise your SEN students’ potentials.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the differences between ‘accommodations’ and ‘inclusion’, and describe the learning and pedagogical underpinnings for both
- Recognise key learning difficulties that result from—and that cut across—different disabilities
- Understand how existing assistive technologies (AT), AT strategies and accessible, digital learning platforms can help address learning difficulties and encouraging inclusive classroom practices
- Begin planning for AT implementation in one’s own institution
Who Should Attend
- Mainstream Teachers
- AEDs (LBS)
- Educational Psychologists
- EIPIC Teachers (in-service and teacher-trainees)
- Lecturers (IHLs)
- Allied Health Professionals
- School Administrators
- Anyone currently/potentially working alongside students with SEN
SG$535/- per pax
Mariam Mohd is an NIE-trained teacher with more than 10 years of teaching experience in Mainstream and SpEd classrooms. She currently serves as an Assistive Technology Specialist at the Specialised Assistive Technology Centre, SPD Singapore. She is a part of the Specialised ATC’s multidisciplinary team, providing AT support and literacy learning intervention for clients with complex needs. Mariam’s key focus is developing educator/caregiver training and supports—both for mainstream and SpEd schools—to adopt practical approaches in implementing technologies in school and at home to enhance learning, and to advise on classroom assessment adaptations. She provides training and public awareness workshops on assistive and learning technologies and is actively seeking collaborative opportunities to help students with SEN achieve success.
Please provide us with your registration details below. We will contact you shortly regarding the outcome of your registration and for payment.
You may contact us at email@example.com for further information.
Bookings are closed for this event.