The following excerpts from the Code of Ethics and Conduct reflects the performance standards we strive for.
SPD Board members and employees to:
- treat all clients fair and equal.
- act with honesty, integrity and openness in all their dealings.
- be sensitive and respectful of individuals’ values and needs without discrimination on age, gender, ethnicity, religion, social or economic status.
- uphold the confidentiality of all clients and staff.
- ensure that all public and government funds are used appropriately to fulfil the mission of the organisation.
- be willing to collaborate with organisations and individuals that share common values and objectives.
- comply with fundraising legislation, equal employment practices, health and safety requirements, privacy rules, and so forth.
- respond to reasonable requests for information in a timely manner.
- ensure that all donations will be used for the purpose for which they are given.